Water Jet Cutting vs. Laser Cutting
When deciding which cutting technology will work best for manufacturing your parts and components, you have a lot to consider. The shape of the part, type of material, quantity of parts and other factors all come into play.
At BenCo Technology, our PA metal cutting service features a variety of in-house cutting equipment, so that no matter how large, small, simple or complex your job will be, we can handle it for you with precision – all while meeting your deadlines and budget.
Water Jet Cutting
Providing a lot of versatility, our PA water jet cutting shop can cut a broad range of materials with varied thickness. Because it generates minimal heat while cutting, we can use it to cut even delicate types of materials. In fact, it can produce parts from thin glass to 6″ thick stainless steel and even stone.
Here are a few features and benefits of water jet cutting at BenCo:
- With water jet cutting, we can cut parts from metal, foam, stone, copper, graphite composites, brass, rubber, granite, plastic and even paper.
- Because it creates minimal heat transfer, water jet cutting preserves the material’s structure and appearance, reducing the need for subsequent processes to refine a part or component.
- With our water jet cutting equipment, we can do stack cutting up to a thickness of 8”.
These are just a few of the features and advantages of laser cutting at BenCo:
- It is fast and precise, even on very large runs.
- Because of our variety of laser cutting equipment, we can cut flat sheet, tube, square and channel materials.
- Laser cutting works extremely well when making parts with a thinner profile.
- Our tube laser equipment has a pivoting, multi-access head, which allows us to cut at difficult angles. That means we can produce parts even when they have unique geometries.
Which Cutting Technology Should You Choose For Your Next Manufacturing Project?
In addition to water jet cutting and laser cutting, we also have plasma cutting equipment to ensure we can handle any job.
Which will meet your needs most effectively? We’re here to help you make the best decision as you look to accomplish the highest quality, meet deadlines and maintain a healthy bottom line. Contact us to discuss your next project!